Wednesday, October 22, 2008

There's no place like home

Last week the kids and I went to Reno to see Grandma and Papa's new home. Can I just say AWESOME! It is so beautiful and they surely deserve it. I was listening to Sean Hannity today in the car and he was talking about the american dream which is to work hard and sacrafice for what you have and the whole time he was talking about that I thought of Grandma and Papa and how much they have sacrificed for us as we grew up. They definately worked hard to get where they are at today. What great examples they are to us.
We had such a fun week while we were there. I even think Dallin had fun too. When he heard he only had two days left, he literally cried saying, "I don't want to go home in two days." Then I told him that Hannah and I were talking earlier and decided we would stay an extra day. Dallin then said, through his tears, "I didn't know that, but I don't want to ever go home." I said, "What would you miss?" Then I suggested,"Oh, did you like when you and Grandma went hiking up the mountain today?" Dallin, "I don't care about things like that, I just like to be here with Grandma and Papa." Does he know how to pull at the heartstrings or what? What a sweet kid. I am happy to say that he did say good bye without any tears. Although, he is praying that his Dad finds a job there soon so we can move back up there and see Grandma and Papa more often then we do now. Anyway, here are some pictures with more to come as I get them from Hannah. You see, I forgot my camera so Hannah let me take pictures with her camera and I forgot to get off before she left to go home. So here is what I have.........enjoy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Britta, I have been following your blog for a while. It is wonderful to see the great family you are raising. This will be fun to get to know each other again!