Tuesday, August 12, 2008

A blessing from heaven

Abby is our little whirlwind. She drives me crazy sometimes. Whenever she is no where in sight and quiet, 9 times out of 10, she is into something that she shouldn't be into. The other day I was talking on the phone with my sister when I got a feeling to check on Abby. I went into her room to find her in there with about 4 or 5 salad dressing bottles (empty) and salad dressing ALL over her little kitchen. I asked her what the heck she was doing and she answered, matter o' factly, "Making pancakes."
After a time out and about an hour of cleaning the mess up, her room still smells like salad dressing. Yuck!
She also just figured out how to open the child proof locks on the cabinets that hold the cleaning products so I have to really keep my eye on her. (She wouldn't drink any or anything, but she would spray them and dump out the dishwasher detergent).
She is having a hard time potty training at home. I say at home because whenever we are away from home she has no problem getting to the potty on time. Whenever we're at home though, she never goes to the potty. If anyone has any suggestions, please comment.
She is, however, so sweet and funny. She keeps us laughing always. She and Elsa are such good friends, yet bitter enemies. Yes, I guess it starts early. If anyone has a sister than you know what I mean. You know, one minute you're fighting, the next you're best friends.
She is so helpful and tries to take care of us all the time whether you want her to be or not. One evening, we were eating dessert when Clint came home from work late. Abby asked him,"You want ice cream?"
Clint: "Well, I would like some dinner first."
Abby again: "You want ice cream?"
Clint answered,"Yes."
Abby: "You have to eat ALL your dinner."
It's nice to know someone's looking out for our Dad. Here are some pictures for you to enjoy.....She loves to model my hairbow, bracelets, or whatever else I make.

1 comment:

Forbush Family said...

What a darling little one! I'm in the midst of potty training too and ready to pull my hair out. I didn't realize how emotional it would be for Sierra. Anyway, no tips for you just lots of empathy.