Saturday, October 31, 2009

Halloween eve

Well, Halloween started a little early for the Singer kids. On Halloween eve they had no school (Nevada Day). They were invited to their friends halloween party, so naturally they went. They had food, games, prizes, and who can forget, CANDY! The kids all had a "screamin'" good time. I didn't have my camera since the battery was dead and I left it home to charge. I hope to get pictures from my friend who took some. Then, we came home and I made cornbread for the ward "fall festival". The kids played video games, since they finished their chores earlier that day and there was only 2or3 hours before we had to go to our next party. Anyway, the ward party was fun and a lot of people came. (We actually had to put out more tables and chairs.) We ate first, all kinds of chili, chowders and soups. Delicious! and cornbread and other side items that go with those things. Yum! Then, they started the trunk r' treating, or should I say trick r' treating, since it was indoors. The kids had their fill of candy for one day, (or for one year). But they still went to bed o.k. so I guess they didn't have too much. When we got home I took each of their candy bags and emptied them into a big glass jar while they were getting ready for bed. They weren't happy about that, but oh well. I wasn't happy about it either when my mom did it when I was a kid. It doesn't mean it is not a good idea, though right?! Here are some pictures of the kids in their costumes....Dallin was such a good sport this year. He wanted to be a Quittich seeker
but I ran out of time and made this target costume for him. He also let Calvin and his friends
try to "get the target" with their play guns and swords at one of their parties. Calvin wanted to be snake eyes, but settled for a ninja.
I also ran out of time and already had the stuff for a ninja.
He is always easy to please.
He loved being a ninji.
(He bought the sword with his own money.)Elsa is all about pink. She wanted to be supergirl in pink.
She made a pretty cute one don't you think?
Even with striped leggings (which she picked out), good thing too
because the costume ended up a little too short.
My favorite part of it is the "S".All month all Abby talked about was how she was going to be
a gingerbread girl for Halloween. I'm probably biased, but she is
one very cute gingerbread girl!
(BTW - The pink/brown outfit is the original outfit.
She got it wet, so she had to change her
outfit to the green/flower one.) Which is cute too.This the girls decorating their treat bags.
Yes, Papa we found yet another use for your bags.

4 comments:

Camille said...

They look great! I don't even want to think about being in charge of getting 4 halloween costumes ready by October 31st. Well, really the week before October 31st because of all the parties that happen before the actual holiday... Actually, I just spent some time thinking about it and it sounds really fun!

You definitely did a great job. Your kids look fantastic!

RuthandJordan said...

Nice costumes!!! but what were you Britta for halloween?
Jordan

Hannah Stevenson said...

They turned out great! Dallin is a STAR..seriously. Loved both of the girls...totally cute! Good job Calvin on saving up for that super-cool sword!

Jill said...

A gingerbread girl! What a fun idea. Great job!