Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Weekend Update

This weekend was pretty hectic but fun at the same time. On Saturday morning there was the Craft/yard sale at the school. Clint and I decided we were going to make chalkboards and take the dress up carousel to show people what we could make for them and we would take their orders. We planned this for about 2 months and about 2 weeks ago Clint came home to tell me that he and his scout group were going camping on that same weekend, it was the only weekend they could all do it. Well, that meant I was on my own. I was a little nervous about it to say the least, but after I got there and set up, people started coming and they loved the chalkboards and especially the dress up carousel. Some of them thought that the dress ups (on display) were for sale. They would come up and look through them. I would quickly stop them and kindly tell them that they were not for sale. Well, it was pretty good exposure for us. We only got one order for a chalkboard, but 4 people signed up as being interested in ordering later. And one woman is VERY interested in a dress up carousel. (I don't blame her, it is cute!) Anyway, it was fun and the school is most likely going to do it again in the fall, so if anyone has anything to sell come on down for a visit and we'll share a booth.
The rest of the day, we just hung out at the house, did a little cleaning, worked on our website, and worked on pinafores. (Which turned out cute if I do say so myself.) Anyway, on Sunday we went to church, then came home and hung out at home again, watched "Mobsters and Mormons", ate a little dinner and finally went to sleep. It was a nice end to a busy weekend.

3 comments:

OurLittleFamily said...

It does sounds like you had a pretty busy weekend, but it is good you got exposure on the items you make. Me & Anthony were thinking about you making us one of the chalkboards, but would you be able to stain the wood for us? I would pay extra for it, or send you the stain...if I find one here that I liek. Maybe a darker color...we will chat soon and can discuss it then! I checked out your creation blog... I have it under my favorites now!

Danielle

Cnbztribe said...

Thanks Danielle! You're so kind!
We can definately stain one for you. We can do a dark stain, which looks really nice. OR a medium or light stain. Call us or we will call you soon to discuss it.

Forbush Family said...

what do your dress up carousel's look like? It sounds very intriguing (perhaps that's because I have a three year old who wears dress ups constantly)